Evernote the note-taking tool meets several productive uses: document backup, task and mini-projects management, web content archiving, collaborative work and more. EverNote is available as an online service, desktop and mobile applications. The features offered by this tool are suitable for very many professional contexts. The main advantage is the possibility to use the tool from any device (mobile, touch pad, PC, etc.), and in collaborative mode.
You must first create an account on the Evernote website
to make use the tool. You now have access to various features and tools:
- Notepad: Notes are synchronized via the Evernote online account and enable automatic updates from the web version, desktop and mobile applications. Which is suitable for a mobile use.
- Archiving and backup if notes/files using different indexing criteria. Evernote supports the archiving of emails (and attachments) sent via a dedicated Evernote email address (limited to 60 MB monthly in the free version).
- Archiving of URLs, web content and visited pages : for presentations, work requiring documentary research.
- Archiving Tweets: the myEn functionality allows you to save your tweets.
- Save passwords
- Management of mini-projects: With the ability to create lists of tasks, which can be sorted according to their status (completed, not completed)
- Collaborative work: the notebooks can be shared with other users
The following features correspond to the free version of Evernote (web and desktop versions):
The notebooks: The equivalent of folders/files manager. Each note created can be classified in a dedicated notebook . Which facilitates the filing and archiving.
Besides the ability to enter and save text, Notes they allow you to:
- Add attachments (PDFs, Word documents, multimedia files) - 25 MB.
- Provide standard formatting tools (text, alignment, font size).
- Insert checkboxes (to create checklists).
- Sending instant note from the web interface/desktop application to an email address.
- The ability to convert an incoming email (through the Evernote address provided at registration) into a note.
- Print your Notes.
- The desktop version allows you to compose handwritten notes.
- The ability to import notes from Google Docs.
- The labels allows your to classify your notes. Assigning a label or tag to a note, enables faster access to the latter.
- The attributes act as filters and facilitate research notes via the Evernote interface. There are four types of attributes: two attributes are for historical research ("created" and "modified"), the "Contains" attribute (type of files related to the note: images, attachments, tasks not completed) and a "Source" attribute (e-mail, web, mobile, etc.).
Evernote also offers extensions/plugins for your browsers. They can capture the contents of a web page and the URL when browsing, archive them, create a favorites list in a thematic notebook for future reference.
Evernote for iPad, iPod and iPhone
Evernote for BlackBerry
Evernote for Android
The Premium version of Evernote provides additional tools and services that are essential for a professional use:
- Storage 1 GB/Month (60 MB for the free version)
- Perform search in PDF files, access the notebook in offline mode (iPhone, iPad, iPod).
- Share (reading and editing) notebook (only the read mode is available in the free version)
Subscription to the Premium version cost $5/ month or $45/year.
Published by jak58
Latest update on January 14, 2013 at 05:08 AM by jak58.