Managing multiple calendars (Outlook calendar, Gmail calendar, iPhone Calendar ..etc) may be a real challenge. Google Sync is being commonly used to sync data from different calendars, but this tool has a small flaw and will no longer be available by the end of January 2013.
How to manage iPhone and Outlook calendar without Google Sync? Here are some alternatives:
CopyTrans Contacts: the most complete and reliable solution. It allows you to:
- Add and edit calendar events via your PC
- Manage iPhone contacts
- Manage SMS, notes and bookmarks.
The only downside is that the program is not free (€ 9.99).
- Download the program from the followin link: http://www.copytrans.net/copytranscontacts-calendar.php
- Install the program and connect your iPhone
- Click on the calendar icon
- You can then choose whether you want to import/export/delete events or appointments.
- Apply changes and disconnect your device.
The cloud service from Apple can synchronize data with multiple platforms, unfortunately, it is not always easy to use and many users have reported errors concerning proper detection of the devices and synchronization issues.
- Go to iCloud > Log-in, click on the gear located in the upper right corner to access the preferences. Verify that you are in 24h mode.
- Add or edit events
Google service is pretty good, but it is still relatively complicated and difficult to synchronize with Outlook. Note that: any false manipulation, may result in the lost of the address book!
- Go to Settings> Mail > Contacts > Calendar
- Select "Add an account"
- Select "Other"
- Go to "Calendars"> "Add a CalDAV account"
- Enter the following information:
- The server (google.com)
- Google account: user name, your password.
- A description.
- A simple application that will allow you to create and manage schedules, contacts and note, directly from your iPhone.
- The program cost $9.99.
- Note that: No synchronization options with Outlook is available.
- Download Pocket Informant from the iTunes Store