In this tutorial we shall learn how to share multimedia content (photos, music, videos) between a BlackBerry phone and an iPhone. For this tip we will need to download two DLNA applications, which allow sharing of media on mobile devices (different OS) connected to the same WiFi network.
On the BlackBerry
- Download and install EnefceDMS from BlackBerry App World.
- Verify that the file sharing is enabled. From the homescreen of your BlackBerry, go to Options > Wireless & Networking> Media Server.
- Check the box next to "File Sharing". In "Preferences", select the file types you want to share.
On the iPhone
- Download iMediaShare Lite from the Apple Store and install it on the iPhone.
- Run IMediaShare.
- On the application's main screen, go to "Custom" and click on "Local Network".
- In the "Servers" section, select your BlackBerry and folders containing your Photos, music and videos will be displayed in the right pane.
- Select a folder and select the file you want to play on the screen of the iPhone.
- A window requesting permission to allow the application to access the multimedia content will be displayed on your BlackBerry.
- Note: Tested with an iPhone 4 and the BlackBerry Curve.
Original document published by Carlos-vialfa