How to share a professional presentation on a website or a professional blog? Many online services, such as Skydrive, Google Drive, and SlideShare, allows you to easily export PowerPoint presentations to your webpages.
SkyDrive is a cloud service attached to a Microsoft account (Hotmail, Outlook.com). It allows you to store, view and edit Microsoft Office documents online (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Create a folder on SkyDrive
- Login to SkyDrive.com and authenticate with your Microsoft credentials.
- Once connected to the SkyDrive interface , create and name a public folder where the PowerPoint document will be stored.
- Upload the PowerPoint file.
- Open the file
- Load the PowerPoint document. Alternative method: drag and drop the document.
- Generate HTML code for your webpage:
- Select the document. The"Embed" button appears in the menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on "Generate"
- The HTML code appears above "Anyone who visits the blog or webpage withe this embedded file will be able to view it without signing in"
- Insert the code in your webpage or blog
- From the back office of your website or blog (e.g Blogger, Wordpress HTML editor), paste the code.
Using Google Drive
- Just like SkyDrive, Google Drive allows you to store, share and edit documents created under Microsoft Office.
- Log-in to Google Drive using the credentials of your Google account.
- From the Google Drive interface, click the icon "import a document"
- Upload the PowerPoint file.
- Select document. In the menu at the top of the screen, click File > Share. The document is now visible to all users.
- Click on "Modify". Select "Public on the Web": all users can view the document, whether connected to their Google account or not.
- In the menu at the top of the screen, click File> "Embed".
- A link to insert the PowerPoint presentation on a webpage will be displayed..
SlideShare is an online publishing service. It is therefore intended to serve as a communication tool dedicated to professionals.
- Slideshare supports the following presentation formats: pdf, ppt, pps, pptx, ppsx, pot, potx, odp (OpenOffice)
- After you have created an account on the Slideshare service:
- Click Import
- Upload your presendtation and its description will be available online via a public link
- It is then ready to be integrated on a third party website:
<iframe src="http:/ /w ww.slideshare .net/ slideshow/embed_code/ 1616xxxx] width="476" height="400" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
- Note that: If you have a LinkedIn account, you have the opportunity to share your presentations hosted on SlideShare.
- Among the other tools: authorSTREAM.com, Slideboom.com, Brainshark.com.
Publish a PowerPoint presentation on YouTube
Some professional software can convert a PowerPoint presentation into a video file (optimized for streaming website like Youtube). This is the case of Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro