Smartphones are exposed to same dangers as computers. It is therefore essential to secure the access to your devices, in order to prevent the uncontrolled dissemination of your confidential information.
The intensive use of smartphones brings users to save many confidential data, such as access to bank accounts on their mobile devices. Theses devices are being connected to the internet and thus vulnerable to online attacks.
Several types of attacks threaten the data contained on mobile phones:
- Thefts - In case of theft, there is risk is that some of your data are usurped and used for malicious purposes.
- Viruses - The first mobile virus was detected in 2004 and since then malware continues to spread on phones: either through trapped (SMS, email) messages, infected software, or Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
In both cases, personal and confidential data are exposed to piracy
- secret codes.
- bank details in case of access to accounts.
- personal photos.
- address book.
There are several methods and tools to protect your mobiles:
- Set your Bluetooth and WiFi in hidden mode.
- verify the origin of softwares, before installing them. This is valid for the multimedia content (video, photos, messages, etc..).
- Check the sources of your downloaded content (video, photos, messages, software etc..).
- Antivirus for mobile phones
In case of theft, it is possible to remotely lock your mobile or erased the stored data.
Published by deri58
Latest update on April 17, 2013 at 08:13 AM by deri58.