The proper support of the Arabic language is optimal in English/Arabic versions of Windows. For other versions, you can alway enable this the language support, but it will be less conclusive.
Arabic Keyboard under Windows 7
- Open the Control Panel
- Click Clock, Language, and Region
- Region and Language
- Select the "Keyboard and Language"
- Click on "Change keyboards"
- On the General tab, click on "Add", then "Select a language"
- Select "Arabic (Algeria)" for example.
- Confirm by clicking OK
Note that: it is possible to buy stickers to put Arabic letters on the keyboard!
Arabic Keyboard under Windows XP
- Go to the "Start" menu > "Control Panel"
- Select "Regional and Language Options"
- Click on "Languages"
- Check the "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages"
- Insert the Windows installation CD and wait
- Windows will restart (Remove the CD and click on Accept).
- After the reboot, go back the "Start" menu" > "Control Panel".
- In "Regional and Language Options", "Languages" and choose ARABIC language (Country)
- Restart your PC
- The Language icon will be available in the taskbar. You can rapidly change the language settings by clicking on it.
Arabic keyboard under Windows 98/ME
- Download the utility HERE
Unzip to install. This kit is only compatible with Windows 98 and ME
running Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher (Windows 2000 and XP nativiely support all known languages). After completing the installation of "Arabic Language Support
" that lasts only a few seconds:
- Open the "Control Panel".
- Click on "Keyboard", choose the "Language" tab.
- Click "Add" and search for "Arabic" then "Ok"
- Click on "Properties" select "Arabic (Saudi Arabia) 101 keys" to select the country.
- Check "Enable indicator on taskbar"
- Click "OK".
You can swith between "EN" and "AR" keyboard in the task bar.
Online Arabic Keyboards
The following sites allow you to write Arabic texts online via a virtual keyboard:
This document, titled « Windows - Arabic Keyboard », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM