Visual Basic is an object-oriented language.
This myth is popular, but unfortunately its false: VB6 is not an object-oriented language.
Consider the basic principles of object orientation:
- Encapsulation: gathering data structure (attributes) and processes (methods) in a unit whose implementation is hidden. It is impossible in VB6/.
- Inheritance. It is impossible in VB6 to create an object that derives from another.
- Polymorphism: It is not possible in VB6, overloading methods and operators. And type "variant" is not a response to the polymorphism of inheritance.
Note that: VB.Net is an object-oriented language, but it is a language completely different from VB6.
- Myth - Visual Basic is an object-oriented language
- How to connect microsoft access database to visual basic 6.0 pdf - How-To - Programming
- The visual basic for applications project in the database is corrupted ✓ - Forum - Software
- Object oriented programming polymorphism - Articles
- Hands on Visual Basic - How-To - Programming
- Visual Basic - Deleting rows in spreadsheet - How-To - Excel