Disable chat to a friend
If you want to quickly disable chat with with particular contact on Facebook:
- Open a chat window with your contact.
- Click the gear located at the top right of the window and select "Turn off Chat for ..."
To revert the changes, follow the below procedure:
- Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the chat window > Advanced settings
- In the window that opens, select "Turn on chat for all friends except" and clear the names for the contacts you want to restore the chat feature:
- Click on Save.
- Disable/Re-enable chat for a Facebook contact
- Facebook contacts - How-To - Facebook
- How to turn video chat off on facebook messenger - How-To - Facebook
- Facebook contacts not showing on instagram ✓ - Forum - Instagram
- How To Delete Chat Logs for Individual Contacts - How-To - Skype
- ICQ - Disable calls from persons not in your contact list - How-To - Instant Messaging
This document, titled « Disable/Re-enable chat for a Facebook contact », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).