Under Windows 7, that the Gadgets sidebar is directly acessible (which is the case for Windows Vista).
However, this feature hasn't been banned and is very simple to add new gadgets on your desktop.
- Start by making a right click on an empty area of the desktop, then choose Gadgets,
- A new window shall open, double click on a gadget or drag it to the desktop.
- Windows 7 - How to add gadgets to your desktop
- Windows 7 - How to add new locations to a library - How-To - Windows 7
- Windows 7 no icons or start menu on desktop ✓ - Forum - Windows
- All my task bar and desktop icons missing ✓ - Forum - Windows
- How to Add the Menu Bar in Windows Explorer on Windows 7 - How-To - Windows 7
- Windows 7 - Add some custom colors to your command prompt - How-To - Windows 7
This document, titled « Windows 7 - How to add gadgets to your desktop », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).