You are encountering one of the following issues under Outlook:
- Nothing happens when clicking on hyperlinks.
- Clicking on the links will open the browser, without loading the webpage.
Several solutions are available:
The simplest solution is to configure Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Open "Internet Explorer", click on "Tools" then "Internet Options."
- Go to the "Programs" tab, verify that Internet Explorer is the default Web browser.
- Click on "Make default" then apply.
- It is also possible to configure this option from the Control Panel.
- Open "Add/Remove Programs", click the "Set Program Access and Defaults".
- Go to the "Custom" tab, select the "Internet Explorer" browser, confirm with OK.
The trouble opening links may also be due to incorrect values of the "urlmon.dll" file
- Close any running programs.
- Click on Start > Run
- Type "RegSvr32 urlmon.dll" and then click OK.
The following message shall be displayed: ""DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded"
Restart the computer and check the functionality of links.
If the problem still persists, you need to repeat the operation using the following commands:
- RegSvr32 Mshtml.dll
- RegSvr32 Actxprxy.dll
- RegSvr32 Oleaut32.dll
- RegSvr32 Shell32.dll
- RegSvr32 Shdocvw.dll
- RegSvr32 Msjava.dll
- RegSvr32 Browseui.dll
- Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools then Internet Options.
- In the "Advanced" tab, click "Reset".
- Apply and restart the computer.
Here is a free utility called "Power IE6
" designed for troubleshooting, repair and optimize Internet Explorer 6. Power IE6 can be used with Internet Explorer 7 too.