My Sony Vaio laptop battery level won't exceed 80%. What can be done?
- Sony laptops, through the "VAIO Control Center" software will only allow the battery to be charged at 80% of its maximum load, "to protect the battery." Sony claims that by limiting the maximum load, the battery will last longer. To overcome this limitation:
- Click on the Start Menu > All Programs > VAIO Control Center > Power Management > Battery Maintenance > uncheck "Enable Battery Care Function"
Thanks to Philou for this tip.
- Sony Vaio - Battery level won't exceed 80%
- Sony vaio battery light solid orange ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Sony vaio battery not detected ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Sony vaio laptop battery light blinking orange ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Best replacement battery for sony vaio laptop ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Motion eye driver for sony vaio ✓ - Forum - Webcam
This document, titled « Sony Vaio - Battery level won't exceed 80% », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).