The screensaver may sometimes disrupt or halt certain applications on your computer, such as burning a CD, viewing a video, etc..
To avoid a manual activation or deactivation of your screensaver manually (open display properties..etc), you can create two icons, one to disable the screen saver, the other to resume it.
To do this, open Notepad in Windows XP, and copy and paste this text:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Click on File menu and click Save As.
- In the Type drop-down list, select All Files.
- Click the Desktop icon in the left menu so that file is saved on the Windows desktop.
- Finally, in the File name field, type Disable screen saver.reg and click the Save button.
Repeat the steps creating this time the file Enable screensaver.reg
But this time paste the following content in the notepad
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "ScreenSaveActive"="0"
You shall now have @ shortcuts present on your desktop allowing you to activate or deactivate your screen saver at any time.
- Create a shortcut to activate or deactivate the screen saver
- You want to create a shortcut that replaces an acronym - How-To - Word
- How to create messenger shortcut on iphone - How-To - Facebook
- Shortcut to activate keyboard - Guide
- Create sleep shortcut windows 7 - How-To - Windows 7
- Create bluetooth shortcut windows 10 - How-To - Windows 8