This trick works once a first activation has already been made and should be very useful to persons who frequently re-install their OS.
Note: Works for both Windows XP Home Edition and Professional
Follow the steps below:
- Make a search for the file wpa.dbl, or look in C:\Windows \system32 \.
- Make a copy of the file (on disk, partition or other disk ...).
- Restore it after upgrading Windows XP.
- Reboot the PC and test if the activation is operational. To do this, follow this procedure:
- Click on Start / Run and type this:
- If that does not work, type the following command:
- A window "Activate Windows" should appear which means that Windows XP is actually enabled!!!