I have a PC running Windows Vista and (dual-boot). When I try to connect to the internet under Windows Vista, it works perfectly, but under Windows 7, the following error message is displayed: "DNS server isn't responding".
- Click on "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Network Connections".
- Right click on your network card (Wireless or Ethernet Network Connection) > "Properties".
- In the window that appears, click on "Internet Protocol (TPC/IP v4)" and then "Properties".
- In the window that opens up, select "Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the following values (Take note of the current values):
- Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Thanks to jusbonus
for this tip.