When using a metered connection, you are limited to a certain data usage, exceeding this data limit will result in additional costs.
Windows 8 possess a small feature to make an optimal use of your metered connections. To enable this it:
- Click on the Network tray icon
- Right-click on the connection of your choice > Set as metered connection
- As from now, each time you make use of the metered connection, Windows 8 will:
- Disable the updates of Live tiles
- Disable the synchronization of offline files
- Pause your current downloads from Windows Store...etc
Note that: Futhermore, you can disable the download of drivers from Windows update, when using a metered connection:
- Open the Charm Bar.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on "Change PC settings"
- Go to Devices and turn off the "Download over metered connection" option.
Published by deri58
Latest update on June 1, 2013 at 02:07 AM by deri58.