Streaming is a convenient and fast diffusion mode to listen or watch your ??favorite internet content. Some works are protected by copyright, the use of streaming is considered as being illegal in some cases. What is the difference between legal and illegal streaming? How to legally watch or listen to streaming content?
What is the streaming?
Streaming is allows the diffusion and playback of video and audio content on the Internet.
When a file is read in streaming, data is downloaded from a web site are temporarily stored on the RAM of the computer, and then transferred (with a very slight delay) to a media player, before being replaced by new data.
Legal and illegal use of streaming
Numerous multimedia content are protected by copyright and are therefore theoretically available only through a paid access. Some sites, through free or paid offers, allows you to acquire or legally read these contents:
- by downloading them,
- or using streaming (eg video on demand).
However, some sites allow free access to protected content. Watching this kind of streaming media is illegal.
Where to listen or watch streaming content?
- On distribution platforms like: YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc..
- On music streaming websites: Deezer, Spotify, etc..
- On the official website and various social channels of artists/record labels (YouTube channel, MySpace, Facebook, etc.).
- Video on demand services.
- Online radio.
- On web sites offering audio or video content under Creative Commons or in the public domain license.
Published by deri58
Latest update on February 25, 2018 at 07:03 PM by owilson.