Upon launching Minecraft, the following error message is displayed:
Error: Could not create the Java virtual machine
Error: A fatal exception as occurred program will exit
- Right-click on "Computer" and select "Properties"
- Then go to "Advanced" or "Advanced Settings" > "Environment Variables"
- Below "System Variables", click on "New":
- For "Variable name" enter: "_JAVA_OPTIONS"
- For "Variable value" enter: "-Xmx512M".
Tested under Windows 7.
Thanks to ZeInf3ct3d for this tip.
- Minecraft - Could not create the Java virtual machine
- Move virtual machine to another computer - How-To - Software
- How to Refresh The MAC Address of a Virtual Machine on VirtualBox - How-To - Software
- Galaxy S SCL connection with Linux and (VB) virtual machine - How-To - Samsung
- Disable Network Access on a Virtual Machine with VirtualBox - How-To - Software
- Virtual machine drag and drop not working - How-To - Software
This document, titled « Minecraft - Could not create the Java virtual machine », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).