I have some AVI files (movies) on my PC and I want to create movies (in .avi or any other format) with a menu (chapters..etc).
- Normally video files in the AVI format can't be burned with a menu.
- However, it might be possible to achieve this feat with the Quick Menu Builder software.
- DivX Author is a paid software solution to achieve this kind of project. Note that: The video will only be readable with DivX Player.
You can also create movies with a menu using authoring softwares. Here's a non-exhaustive list of free software:
- DVDStyler: Create a menu with a custom background.
- AVStoDVD : Create a menu with a custom background.
- DVD Flick: Create simple menus.
- WinX DVD Author: Create a menu with a custom background.
- Freemake Video Converter: Create simple menus.
- Sothink Movie DVD Maker: a short introductory message from the editor is displayed before each chapter.
- The Windows DVD Maker application for people using Vista or Windows 7: allows you to create videos with a menu from your MovieMaker project.
On a computer, this kind of project (with the interactive menu) is readable with software like VLC. Click on "Open Folder" and open the VIDEO_TS.IFO in the VIDEO_TS folder.