The skins available from the VLC official site greatly enhance the visual aspects of the media player software. The skins for VLC media player can be downloaded for free from the VLC official website. To include the downloaded VLC media player skins into the player software, they will need to be extracted to a folder. The skins for VLC media player can be integrated into the player as themes from the VLC media player menu. It should be noted that skins for VLC media player are available for Windows and Linux operating systems but not for the MAC OS.
Important Note: These skins do not work on MAC OS X
How to install skins
First go to: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/skins.php
- Choose your favorite skins and download them.
If the downloaded file is a ZIP or RAR, unpack it: you'll have a VLT file.
If the file is already downloaded as a VLT file, simply place it in the folder "skins"of VLC:
By default, for Windows: C: \ Program Files \ VLC \ skins
For Linux / Unix: ~/.local/share/vlc/skins2
- Then open VLC, go to Tools -> Preferences
- In type interface, click Theme
- Restart VLC to apply the changes.
- Skins for VLC Media Player
- Vlc media player zoom - How-To - VLC
- Vlc media player 800 volume free download - How-To - VLC
- How To Sync Subtitles in VLC Media Player on Windows and Mac - How-To - Video
- Vlc media player repair video - How-To - VLC
- How to record youtube videos with vlc media player - How-To - VLC