Many "fake security blogs
" offer disinfection procedures which involves the download and installation of SpyHunter.
- These sites have been created to make money via an affiliation system:
- For each installation or successful sale of SpyHunter, the site or blog from which the software was downloaded, gets paid!
- A common strategy used to reach a maximum of users, is to get a better ranking in the result pages of search engines:
- Example: qv06.com highjacks your web browser (start page and search engine) and promotes these fake security websites.
- SpyHunter is a paid antispyware!
- If your PC infected, it is likely detected things.
- Unfortunately not all of the users have the knowledge to understand a scan report, you can't be sure that the items detected correspond to the threat in its entirety and whether Spyhunter is able to permanently clear the infection.
- Example: The detected items are sometimes, harmless browser cookies.
- For example in the link below, SpyHunter finds 400 errors (you may think that SpyHunter is super effective): http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-28072161-malwarebytes-n-a-pas-detecte-babylone-et-qvo6
- Even if you pay for the full version, you can't be sure of the result.
- Example below, two topics where users have paid for the software, but didn't get any results:
- As you can see in the last post, it's almost impossible to get a refund.
The program can be uninstalled via the control panel:
- For Windows Vista/Seven: Go into the Control Panel > Programs and Features
- For Windows XP: Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Search for SpyHunter and uninstall the program
Alternatively, you can use Revo Unistaller
to remove SpyHunter!
Original document: Faux blogs de sécurité : SpyHunter et Spyware Doctor
Published by jak58
Latest update on June 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM by jak58.