Microsoft Office 2013 includes several transition animations for Word and Excel (animated mouse cursor). Some users may find this feature inconvenient, as typing is not as smooth as for the previous version of Microsoft Office. So to disable the cursor animations, follow the below procedure:
First close all running instances of Microsoft Office.
Open the registry: Windows + X
- Type "regedit" and press Enter
- Expand the following key:
If the Graphics key doesn't exist:
- Click the Edit menu, click New and then click Key
- Rename the new key as "Graphics".
Select the Graphics key:
- Click the Edit menu, click New and DWORD 32 bits
- Rename this value as "DisableAnimations".
- Set its value to 1.
- Save your settings and close the registry