Introduced earlier this year, Graph Search is a new search tool from Facebook which includes the public data from users of the social network in its search results.
Since the revelations about the PRISM program, users may be questioning themselves about the level of protection of their personal data. Search queries, emails, downloads, data, communications, etc ... to which extend, your personal information is being observed, stored and used?
The deployment of Graph Search is an opportunity to discuss about the advantages and disadvantages of this new tool.
Introduced earlier this year, Graph Search will allow Facebook users to search for using the information from the billions of social profiles. For example, complex queries such as, find the "women age 20 years, close, who love travelling, singles...etc", are possible. The search engine is based on all actions and data made public on Facebook: personal information, messages, links, or photos posted, but also the pages and places you "liked" or your tagged photos. Graph Search will, therefore, be a very powerful search engine.
Limit the visibility your actions on Facebook!
Facebook wants to give new visibility to public information, in a respectful manner.
So how to protect your privacy? It is possible to limit the visibility of data to your friends.
- Using Facebook in a secure way
- 10 tips to protect your privacy on Facebook
Original document published on Commentcamarche.net
- Facebook: Should you be wary about Graph Search?
- Facebook messenger search not working - Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Facebook messenger suggested search - Forum - Facebook Messenger
- How to search for nearby friends on facebook - Guide
- Search facebook by phone number 2020 - How-To - Facebook
- Facebook search without account - How-To - Facebook