Versatile and powerful, Bluetooth speaker docks are very popular among audiophiles. Portable, powerful and having a small signature, they are useful in many situations. Here below, you will learn how to make an optimized use of your Bluetooth speaker.
The advantages of Bluetooth speaker
The advantages of a Bluetooth speaker are:
- Bluetooth does not require any Internet connection (Wi-Fi). It is possible to use Bluetooth speaker regardless of location (indoor or outdoor).
- There are models of all shapes, colors and sizes.
- The sound quality is generally very good (indoor use).
Autonomy and battery
Most Bluetooth speakers work with a rechargeable battery, with an autonomy ranging from 4 to 12 hours. They can be recharged via a wall outlet or a USB cable. Some models may also operate on batteries.
The range of a Bluetooth speaker is up to 10 meters. If this distance is exceeded, the sound is saturated and eventually the connection is lost.
Examples of use
- Watch a movie on a tablet and enjoy better sound.
- Use as a hands-free kit for your mobile phone.
- Stream music (louder) from a portable device, at home, on the beach..etc
Connection to a Bluetooth speaker
As a first step, we must check if Bluetooth speaker is activated. It is possible to connect Bluetooth speakers to all kinds of devices.
- Here's how to turn on Bluetooth on your various devices:
- Open the "Settings" application
- Click on "Bluetooth"
- Enable Bluetooth and then connect the speakers.
- Open settings
- In "Wireless and networks", turn on Bluetooth and connect the speakers.
PC or laptop
- If your PC doesn't include a Bluetooth adapter, you can make use of a USB Bluetooth dongle.
- Click "Start" then "Control Panel"
- Select "Hardware and Sound" and then "Bluetooth" icon
- Click on "Add", then follow the instructions.
Bluetooth is available on laptops and desktop computers as from Mac OS X version 10.4.
- Click on "System Preferences"
- Click on "Bluetooth", then activate
- Configure Bluetooth speaker
Turn the HiFi into Bluetooth speaker
With the advent of Bluetooth speakers, old Hi-Fi systems tend to be ignored. There is a way to connect your smartphone or tablet to your Hi-Fi. Simply connect a Bluetooth adapter.
Photo : DR.
This document, titled « How to use a Bluetooth speaker dock? », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM