Bonjour comes pre-installed with the Apple software like iTunes or QuickTime. The installation is not optional, and can not therefore be prevented. Bonjour is rumored to be a security vulnerability and also be the source of many problems on a PC. In this article you will learn how you can remove Bonjour completely.
First of all must be uninstalled Bonjour via the Control Panel ---> Uninstall Programs.
Next you will need to run a couple of commands:
- press Windows + R, type "cmd" and press OK
- Now enter the following commands:
- For 32-Bit-Systems: cd\Program Files\Bonjour
- For 64-Bit-Systems: cd\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour
- mDNSResponder -remove
- ren mdnsNSP.dll mdnsNSP.old
- Now restart your computer
- Go to C:\Program Files\ and delete the Bonjour folder.
Published by deri58
Latest update on August 8, 2013 at 07:16 AM by deri58.