As an entrepreneur, there are dozens of tools and utilities available to implement your projects. But these very comprehensive software won't necessarily correspond to your needs, the complexity of use and cost can be a real obstacle. In this case it may be wise to opt for Free and Open Source solutions. Business management and accounting software, tools to track customer relationships (CMS), office utilities and web tools: Here's a small selection of tools specifically tailored to the needs of self-employed entrepreneurs:
Business management and accounting
This freeware allows you to manage key aspects of your business: sales management (products, customers, sales documents), purchases (suppliers). It includes a financial dashboard displaying the monthly, quarterly and annual turnover.
- Advantages: Solegis is particularly suitable for self-employed entrepreneurs providing specialized services to individuals.
- Download Solegis.
This Open Source includes ERP includes all the functionalities of a CRM. It allows to manage suppliers, stocks, products and followed orders, quotes, invoices, and businesses (prospects, customers, statistics, mailing, etc.).
- Note that: it doesn't include an accounting module.
- Advantages: It is a modular software that allows the user to install the features they want to use, which avoids overloading of the menus. Among the modules available: a catalog of products and services, a directory of clients, prospects and suppliers, a project management module, shipping management, PDF generation (invoices, purchase orders, quotes ...)
- Download Dolibarr.
- EGG is an open source and free software that integrates the capabilities of a CRM: invoices/orders/ deliveries, e-mailing management.
- Among the other tools present: telemarketing management tool, graphic calendar, dashboards, etc ...
- Advantages: EGGcrm offers online documentation and video tutorials to guide the user.
- Download EGGcrm
- This is accounting solution for small businesses, artisans and self-employed entrepreneurs. It meet the needs of simple accounting.
- Advantages: TerCompta offers custom features to meet the needs of self-employed entrepreneurs.
- Download TerCompta
Data Compression: 7-Zip
This Open Source compression/decompression tool is easy to use, lightweight and supports major compression formats ( ZIP, RAR, ISO, etc.).
- This software allows you to create PDF files from your office documents. It can encrypt PDF files and apply a digital signature to them, which can be very useful when sending digital invoices
- Download PDF Creator
Data backup: Cobian Backup
- This open source application allows you to schedule automatic backups of files or directories, either locally or on a remote server (a FTP client is included in the software).
- Download Cobian Backup.
Data synchronization: FullSync
- This Open Source software allows the user to synchronize files across various terminals (PC, Smartphone, tablet).
- Download FullSync
For self-entrepreneurs to develop their business internationally, here are some multilingual translation tools: