What are the essential information to be provided in your online resume? What are the tools that can be used? Some tips to get started:
What are the online resources at disposal and how to use them:
- Post your resume on several sites for optimum visibility
- Use the same photo on all sites
- Synthesize information (make it short and explicit).
- Choose the appropriate keywords
- Regularly update your resume
- Post your resume in several languages (when applicable).
The online tools offer several CV template, but most of the time you will have to enter the following information:
- Job title: specify the job title sought or a particular industry.
- Contact information : address, email address and phone number
- Professional Experience : the most recent to the oldest . It is recommended to include the job title, the company name, the date and type of contract.
- Training: academic and professional training.
- Skills: in this section you will need to use the appropriate keywords: languages spoken ??, softwares and specific skills acquired through work experience.
- In the same way as a classic resume:
- Don't try to be "too original", especially if the industry does not lend itself to it.
- Don't copy content from another CV
- Avoid publishing your CV without proofreading,
- Don't lie about qualifications skills and experience .
Some examples of sites allowing you to publish your resume online:
Photo : © momius - Fotolia.com
Published by jak58
Latest update on September 4, 2013 at 09:34 AM by jak58.