- Each time I start Windows or resume from sleep mode, an installation dialog is displayed:
- Windows installer preparing to install .........
- Vaio media gallery ............ Please wait while Windows configures MEDIA GALLERY
An error message reading: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" will appear. Click OK to try again .... 'Digital Gallery' x64.msi
- If I try to cancel the operation, the following error message is displayed:
- "Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Media Gallery..."
- Download and install Windows Installer CleanUp.
- Windows Installer CleanUp is a utility that allows you to fix corrupted .MSI (Microsoft Windows Installer) installers.
- Go to start > All Programs
- Right-click on Windows Installer Cleanup
- Choose > run as administrator
- Check the entries containing words like Vaio, Media Gallery, etc ...
- Click on Remove.
This document, titled « Sony Vaio - Error 1706. No valid source ..for Media Gallery », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM