Google Apps is a suite of online productivity tools that specifically meets the requirements for mobile and collaborative work. What are the features of the commercial offer combining all the productivity tools from Google? How to create a Google Apps account?
What is Google Apps?
- Google Apps is a productivity suite (in the cloud) from Google, designed to meet the needs of businesses of different sizes .
- What differentiates this offer from a free Google account: This service connects the various Google applications to a single domain name ( www.companyname.com ). It allows the administrator to configure various aspects of the use of Google's products within an organization (access management and user rights ) .
Among the features of Google Apps:
- Personalized e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Unlimited number of users,
- Google Plus professional profile pages: which can be used to communicate within or outside the business.
- 30GB of Google Drive storage space: expandable to 50 GB or 200 GB
- Productivity applications ( see below) ;
- Tools for creating pages and websites for the company,
- Intranet system.
Productivity applications of Google Apps
The online messaging service incorporates many premium features : 30 GB of storage space (spread over different applications), support for offline mode, personalized e-mail addresses.
- It has a search engine(keywords) to quickly find emails and documents stored on Google Drive.
- Gmail also integrates an instant messaging module and allowing you to make phone (landline and mobile) and video calls (VoIP via Google Hangouts ) .
Available in the form of a collaborative calendar, this application allows users to:
- Plan meetings according to the schedule of users (sharing calendars).
- Organize work schedules.
- Send invitations to join an event.
- Receive meeting reminders / upcoming events.
- Attach files and documents to an event.
Google Drive and Google Docs
Google Drive is an online storage space. Each user has its own storage space, through which he can share and access documents from other users.
Google Drive is connected to the Google Docs online office suite, which includes:
- An application to create rich documents with images, tables, equations , drawings , etc. .
- A spreadsheet application to track projects, create formulas , charts or PivotTables
- A presentation application allowing you to create slideshows and embed videos , animations, or dynamic transitions between slides. Presentations can be published directly on the web.
- The "Form" and "Drawing" apps.
Other tools available via a Google Apps account:
- Google Plus
- Google Hangouts
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- Google Sites
Choosing a Google Apps offer:
Two offers are available:
- Google Apps for Business (standard ): 4 € per user
- Google Apps for Business with advanced security features (archiving of business-critical data, data recovery, search and export data at the scale of the company). It is available ad from 8€ per user per month .
Create a Google Apps account
- Go to this page: http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business
- Click Start Free Trial/Get Started
- Certain information is required for registration:
- The Internet domain name of the organization (Google offers several methods to verify ownership of the domain name)
- The user name chosen as main e-mail address: This address will be used to manage the account
- A secondary e-mail address outside Google Apps domain .
Once registration is complete, the administrator of Google Apps account is redirected to the Google administration console to configure access to Google services for other users of the organization.
Mobile applications and desktop clients
Published by deri58
Latest update on October 11, 2013 at 09:10 AM by deri58.