The private cloud computing solutions provide companies with a better control of their computing resources and privileged access to their hosted application.
The private cloud (internal or private ) is defined as the establishment of an private network or a data center providing access to hosted services, to a limited number of users. Specifically, the different services provided on the private cloud are either administered directly by the company (which manages the infrastructure only) or pooled/outsourced (to a trusted provider). This model is supposed to bring the benefits of public cloud computing (lower cost related to the virtualization of applications, in the case of a shared infrastructure) without the drawbacks: focusing on data security constraints.
According to the survey entitled " Cloud Computing in Franc
e" published by the Pierre Audoin Consultants
in collaboration with EMS, Intel and VMware
, the private cloud is favored by the DSIs. Out of a panel of 200 IT decision makers:
- 71% prefer to invest in a private cloud solution against
- 13% would rather invest inn hybrid infrastructure
- Only 7% will be opting for public cloud solutions .
- Private cloud computing projects mainly focus on enterprise messaging, finance/accounting, human resources, data storage, collaborative tool, databases and servers.
- The company can open its virtualized applications to business partners such as suppliers.
- Reduced deployment time , flexibility ( implementation of adhoc modules) and better cost control.
- VeePee provides solution that allows its customers to share the cost related to the storage of data.
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud allows large companies to connect their data centers to Amazon's cloud computing resources via a VPN connection. They can move their applications (messaging, financial tools, CRM applications) in the Amazon cloud without losing control of their data.
- EMC and VPLEX: This virtualization solution allows a company to have a unified vision of its virtualized storage across one or more datacenters.
This document, titled « Private cloud solutions for businesses », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM