Microsoft finally released the long awaited update for Windows 8 and you may be asking yourself how to get it For Windows 8 users, the 8.1 update will be available as a free download from the Windows Store. Note that: this is an optional upgrade and the initial version of the OS will still be supported by Microsoft. Although this type of update generally don't a pose any problem, there are some precautions to be taken:
- Backup your important files on an external drive
- Create a system image to restore your OS: Restore your System if you are not happy with Windows 8.1 or in case of update error.
- For laptops or PCs coming with a pre-installed version of Windows 8 (OEM): Create the recovery disk and backup your drivers.
Windows 7 users who want to switch to Windows 8.1 must acquire the new Windows 8 pack (which includes the 8.1 update), available as from October 18 for 119.99 euros. Note that: this DVD version will be available on various e-commerce website and at major retailers. It can be installed on system running operating systems prior to Windows 7. Users running Vista or XP can enjoy free upgrade to Windows 8.1, if they purchase a Windows 8 license beforehand, as indicated on the Microsoft Store
- Photo: Microsoft
Original document published on CommentcaMarche.net
- Windows - How to install the Windows 8.1 update
- How to install fonts in windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Windows 8.1 - How to install the versions of Net Framework - How-To - Windows 8
- Install internet explorer windows 8.1 - How-To - Internet Explorer
- How to install bluetooth in windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- God mode windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8