- Quickly change the desktop background
- To change the wallpaper under Nautilus, you must open the image viewer, then select image/ set as wallpaper. It is neither very practical nor fast .
Here below are 2 faster methods:
From the context menu of the image
- To add this function, just install the package nautilus-wallpaper.
- The sources are available on http://gnomefiles.org
- (Note that under Ubuntu this package is already present)
sudo aptitude install nautilus-wallpaper
- Then restart Nautilus.
Drag and drop on the desktop
You can also drag an image (from Nautilus) to your office and then select the "Set as wallpaper" option.
- Gnome - Changing the desktop background
- Write the steps to change the desktop background - How-To - Operating Systems
- How to change locked desktop background windows 7 - How-To - Windows 7
- Windows 7 starter - Change the desktop background - How-To - Windows 7
- Second monitor only shows desktop background - Forum - Windows
- How to change the notepad++ background color - How-To - Text editor
This document, titled « Gnome - Changing the desktop background », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).