Sometimes after improper handling or an infection, you can lose the Windows XP theme, and you find yourself with the classic Windows theme
To get back the XP style:
- Right click on the desktop/Properties/Themes/ Select your theme in the menu box.
- Right click on the desktop/Properties/Appearance tab/ scroll through the menu box below "Windows and buttons"/choose the theme: Windows XP Style and Apply.
If the theme is missing then:
- Go to the My Computer
- Click on drive C:\ (drive where your operating system is installed)
- Then click the Windows folder C:\Windows
- Finally, select the Themes folder, and place the uncompressed file
Then try to put back the XP style : Right click on the desktop/Properties/Themes/ Select your theme in the menu box.
This document, titled « Recovering Windows XP style », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM