To automatically mute all sounds when any communications activity is detected under Windows 8, follow the below procedure:
- Open the Control Panel and go to Sound > Communications tab.
- Check "Mute all other sounds".
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
- When windows detects communications activity
- Windows 8 sounds - Best answers
- Skype for Windows 8 - Automatically start video calls and screen sharing - How-To - Windows 8
- Mute system sounds windows 10 - Guide
- Disable the Sound Notification When Connecting USB Device to Your PC in Windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Windows 8 - Restore points are automatically deleted at each start up - How-To - Windows 8
- Windows 8.1 - Automatically move the mouse pointer to the default button in dialog box - How-To - Windows 8
This document, titled « Windows 8 - Automatically mute all sounds when any communications activity is detected », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).