Note that: During the indexing stage, you won't be able to use Spotlight search.
- From the Apple menu got to System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy tab.
- Select the desired directory or volume and add it to the Spotlight list, by selecting it and clicking on the + button.
- Click OK.
- Now remove the directory or volume you have just added to the list by selecting it and clicking on the - button.
- Close the Spotlight preferences.
- Spotlight will automatically re-index the contents of the directory or volume.
- MacOSX/ Spotlight: Re-index folders and volumes
- MacOSX - Automatically establish connection to a server volume a startup - How-To - MacOS
- Sorry for the interruption. we have been receiving a large volume of requests from your network. to continue with your youtube e - Forum - YouTube
- Samsung volume increase code - How-To - Samsung
- Volume information for this disk cannot be found ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Which key combination is used to permanently delete a file or folder - How-To - Keyboard
This document, titled « MacOSX/ Spotlight: Re-index folders and volumes », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).