Note that: During the indexing stage, you won't be able to use Spotlight search.
- From the Apple menu got to System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy tab.
- Select the desired directory or volume and add it to the Spotlight list, by selecting it and clicking on the + button.
- Click OK.
- Now remove the directory or volume you have just added to the list by selecting it and clicking on the - button.
- Close the Spotlight preferences.
- Spotlight will automatically re-index the contents of the directory or volume.
- MacOSX/ Spotlight: Re-index folders and volumes
- F2 is the shortcut key to rename the file or folder ✓ - Forum - Keyboard
- Samsung volume increase code - Guide
- Shortcut key to delete files folders permanently - Guide
- Anvi folder locker reset key - Guide
- Volume information for this disk cannot be found ✓ - Forum - Windows
This document, titled « MacOSX/ Spotlight: Re-index folders and volumes », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).