Why pay for an operating system that you are not using?
Many users buy a new computer and install another operating other than Windows.
But they forget the most important, they are paying for something that they won't be using:
So can you get a refund?
In most cases it is almost impossible to get a refund: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundling_of_Microsoft_Windows#License_refund_policy
Users not willing to make use of Window based computers can either:
- (1) Build their own computer from scratch.
- (2) Purchase a computer from OEMs and retailers that don't bundle Window OS with their terminals. They can opt for a Linux based computer:
- (3) Some manufacturers, like Acer US propose a refund program:
- How to get a refund for Microsoft Windows OS?
- Choose Your Default Windows OS at Startup - How-To - Windows 7
- Disable Service Credentials Manager on Windows OS - How-To - Windows 7
- 'Kernel Stack Inpage Error' on Windows OS - How-To - Windows
- Used the default antivirus of your Windows OS - How-To - Antivirus
- E5400 laptop - Unable to install Windows OS - How-To - Laptop computer