You can configure your Mac to automatically connect to a server at startup.
The procedure is as follows:
Display the Connect to Server dialog at startup:
Configure access to server:
- Open the Finder menu > Preferences > Show these items on the Desktop.
- Enable "Connected servers".
- As from now on the "Connect to Server" dialog box will automatically be displayed at startup.
- Go to System Preferences > Accounts > Login.
- Drag the server volume in the Login Items list.
This document, titled « MacOSX - Automatically establish connection to a server volume a startup », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM