Ebooks - the different formats
According to online bookstores, several formats can be offered for download .
- PDF - The standard digital format will keep the formatting options set by the publisher. The majority of e-readers and tablets support this format. are able to take
- Epub - This standard format automatically adjusts to the size of the screen and allows dynamic reading.
- Azw - A closed format by Amazon, for the Kindle tablet.
The formats used for comics and graphic novels
- Epub Fixed Layout - The optimized for the comics books. It supports colored pages, page scrolling and the original layout chosen by the publisher.
Tablets or ebook readers?
For some e-readers, e-books are only available in black and white and its better to avoid these models.
E-books can also be read from a tablet, provided that you have the right application installed.
- The Amazon Kindle app is available for iOS and Android.
- Epub format can be read by apps like iBooks (iOS) or Bluefire (iOS and Android).
- Some tablets designed for the young audiences offer dedicated apps to read ebooks.
How to download your comics books
From a computer
You can download the comics book on a computer and then transfer them on your ebook-reader or tablet:
- Choose comics in the online bookstore and select the desired format.
- Download the file to your computer
- Connect your portable device to your computer using the provided USB cable.
- Sync your data.
From your portable device
- Access the online bookstore and download the desired e-book.
- Once downloaded the e-book is directly stored in the appropriate library.
Optimize your reading experience
Some parameters can be adjusted to ensure the best reading experience:
- Font size
- Zoom on picture
- Reading direction
Photo : © rasstock - Fotolia.com
This document, titled « Ebooks- How to read your comics books and graphic novels? », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM