Your home network or Wifi is momentarily unusable, there are other alternatives to connect to the Internet!
Via a mobile device - Network tethering
Did you know that your mobile phone can act as a modem? An effective solution especially with advent the 4G connection (mobile broadband).
- A device with the network tethering option.
- A compatible internet data plan (depends on the mobile operator).
To enable network tethering:
- On Android: Go to Wireless and network Connection Sharing. It is advisable to select the USB mode for sharing, to optimize the connection speed.
- On the iPhone: Go to the "Settings > Internet Connection Sharing > Personal hotspot.
- On Windows phone: Go to Settings > Internet Sharing.
3G USB modems
- This is a small device that allows users to connect to the internet by using telephone operators' 3G networks. The 3G USB key requires a SIM card and a subscription from a telephone or mobile operator.
- The 3G USB key is a plug & play (USB) device compatible with most operating systems.
Photo : © Maksim Kostenko - Fotolia.com
This document, titled « How to connect to the internet at home? Alternatives to Wi-Fi », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM