You can speed up your Windows 8.1 by disabling unnecessary services. This article explains how to turn off these services in a few clicks:
- Press [Windows] + [R] to open the Run window.
- Enter the following command and press Enter: msconfig
- Go to the "Services" tab.
- At the bottom option select: "Hide All Microsoft Services".
- A list of services will be displayed.
- Disable the ones you deemed unnecessary!
Note that: If you are not sure that a service is vital to the system or not, you can always Google it!
This document, titled « Windows 8.1 - How to disable unnecessary services », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM