Who has never commented about a TV show on Twitter? Who has never expressed support for a candidate of a reality show or TV program using hashtags? Learn all you need to know about this new trend called Social Television!
The term "social TV
" or "social television
" refers the interaction between television and social networks .
While watching a program, viewers interact on social networks, especially Twitter. They can ask questions, vote or comment about a particular topic.
- 7.2 million users have already commented on a TV program. Most of them are aged between 15 and 34 years: this age group represents 31 % of Internet users who interact on social networks during the broadcast.
- 52% of tablet users use their devices in front of the television at least once a week. 54% of the users interact using their PC and 45 % for smartphones.
- In one year, the amount of tweets exchanged about TV programs grew by 270%.
- Reality shows triggered the most interaction (48% of comments).
(Source:Médiamétrie October 2013
Twitter is mostly used to interact in real-time with TV programs
Many uses are possible :
- tweet and retweet in neutral way (to get the hashtag of the TV programs).
- support a candidate of a reality show
- advise, initiate discussions and participate .
- TV shows have their own hashtag, usually displayed at the bottom of the screen or announced by the television host. For prime time TV shows or those with a strong audience, the the hashtag will quickly rise in the "Trending topics" of Twitter .
- To comment about a TV show its better to use the official hashtag.
- In October 2013, Twitter announced a partnership with U.S TV channels. The goal is to be able to switch between channels or watch a video on demand directly from the social network.
(Source : Twitter
Photo: © Bartomiej Szewczyk - Fotolia.com
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 20, 2013 at 08:00 AM by jak58.