Most multimedia devices can now communicate with each other via cables or Wi-Fi. What are the benefits? How to connect your devices to your home network?
By connecting your devices and home appliances to your network, several actions are possible:
- Share files quickly between different terminals.
- Access the Internet from your TV set.
- Stream a movie, music or slideshow stored on your PC or mobile.
- Launch (wireless) print jobs from your tablet or computer.
- Set-up a home automation box connected to various sensors.
Each terminal is equipped with one or more ports (sockets or plugs). They can accommodate cables to interconnect two compatible devices .
- An Ethernet port allows you to connect your TV to an internet box or a printer to a router.
- An HDMI port allows you to connect a Blu-ray player, a computer or a gaming console to an HDTV .*USB ports available on many handsets and devices (computers, external hard drives) can be used to quickly transfer files from one device to another .
- Some devices (smartphones and tablets) are equipped with micro USB port which allows connection with various devices with a USB port: USB mouse, hard drive, keyboard, card reader, digital camera, etc...
The advantage of a wired connection are:
- high data transfer rate.
- limited security issues (closed network).
- availability (less risk of interruption).
- Most multimedia devices are equipped with Wi -Fi connectivity, which is onvenient to enjoy all of your online applications, or launch remote print jobs (e.g printer connected to the Internet via Wi- Fi).
- If your device does not have built-in Wi -Fi, in some cases you can use a wireless key.
Bluetooth is a standard for wireless communication (radio wave) supported by many terminals, computer, mobile phone, mouse, keyboard, scanner, printer, speakers.
Bluetooth allows your to:
- transfer files between two devices.
- scanning or printing a document remotely.
- connect your mobile to a wireless headset or speaker dock.
Photo : © vetkit - Fotolia.com
Original document published on Commentcamarche.net
- Home automation - How to connect your home appliances to your network?
- Connected to vpn but cannot access network ✓ - Forum - VPN
- Can't connect to another computer on my network windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Network
- Thinkorswim couldn't connect to the internet ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Railway wifi connection - How-To - Internet
- Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks