16 tips to use your iPhone like a pro
Quickly return to the top of the page, save an image, change music track, easily delete multiple messages, erase your browsing history ... Apple offers users several functions to save time and simplify the use of the iPhone.
Create application folders
- iOS allows you to create application folders to organize the large number of apps you may have installed on your phone. Touch an application until it starts to shake. You can then either delete or move the app, or create a folder dragging it to another application.
- From there you simply have to choose the folder name.
Get back to top of the web page
- Instead of scrolling through the content of a web page to return to the top, just touch the top bar of the browser, next to the clock.
Save an image from a webpage or email
- Hold down your finger on the image until iOS prompts you to save it. Once the action has been performed, the image is available in the Photos application.
Delete one or more email
- In Mail , select the email you want to delete and then drag your finger left or right to display the Delete button. If you want to remove several messages at once, press the Edit button at the top right of your inbox, then check all the emails you want to delete.
Create a new photo album
- It is not possible to create new photo albums directly from your iPhone, but it can be done via iTunes. First synchronize your iPhone with your computer via iTunes.
Once the photos uploaded to your computer, organize them in folders, relaunch iTunes and perform synchronization again.
Easily navigate through your music track
If you are driving, doing your jogging or public transport, the Cartunes app allows you to navigate rapidly through your music tracks by swiping your finger over the screen of your device.
Lock the screen orientation
To prevent your iPhone from changing the screen orientation: Double tap on the Home button. A shortcut bar opens. Slide your finger from left to right .
- The following menu will be visible. Click the arrow-shaped to lock the screen orientation .
- Under iOS7: Open the Control Center an on the button with padlock surrounded by an arrow.
Using the iPhone as a GPS
- Several mapping apps are available for iOS. If you want to go to a particular location, type the address in the search engine of the app or tap on a particular location on the map to get directions.
Force quit an unresponsive app
If you are unable to quit an app, you don't necessarily need to turn off your phone.
- Double-click the Home button.
- Swipe to the app you wish to close.
- Swipe the app's preview to the top.
Add webpsites to the homescreen
iOS allows you to create shortcuts to your favorite websites:
- Open the website of your choice.
- Click on the Share button > Add to Home Screen.
Clear the browser history and its applications
To clear all traces of your browsing activities on your iPhone:
- Go to Settings > Safari > General Settings > Clear History.
To copy and paste text
- You can copy text from an email, webpage, a note or any other application. You must first select the beginning of the text by pressing your finger on the first word. Release your finger and choose Select.
- Select the text by swiping your finger > Copy.
Set a password to unlock the iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock.
- Enter a Passcode and validate.
Get an audio notification for your new messages
- Go to Settings > Sound.
- From there you can manage the different notifications: new email, new SMS, calendar event, voice message.
- You can also manage audio notifications from third-party applications (Facebook, Twitter, for example ...)
Take a screenshot
- Simultaneously press the Home and Standby button.
- This screen will flash and the you will hear a camera shutter sound, which simply means that the screenshot has been taken.
- Double tap on the Home button to get a preview of all open apps.