Ubuntu One is a cloud storage and file synchronization service from Canonical Ltd, the publishers of the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution. Ubuntu One allows you to access your files from almost anywhere and at any time as it is available for most major OS: Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and iOS. This tutorial explains how to create an account on Ubuntu one and install the desktop client on Windows.
Create your Ubuntu One account
Open your webrowser and go to this page: https://login.ubuntu.com/+login
- Select "I am a new Ubuntu One user" and fill-in the appropriate fields:
- Once done click on "Create Account".
Note that: You will receive an email message with a confirmation link.
Download the desktop client
Once you have created your account, download the desktop client on this link: https://one.ubuntu.com/downloads/
- Double-click on [ubuntuone-4.2.0-windows-installer.exe] to start the installation.
- Accept the EULA
- Select "Sign-me in with my existing account".
- Sign-in with the email-address and the password to create your Ubuntu One:
- Click on the Finish button:
- The Ubuntu One sync folder will be created on your PC, click on Next.
- You can also choose to sync your media libraries or any custom folder (Add a folder from this computer) with Ubuntu One:
- Click on Finish to terminate the setup.
- Ubuntu One is ready for use:
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM by Jeff.