How to get rid of JS/toolbar Crossrider
JS/toolbar Crossrider is a browser toolbar that installs on your system without your knowledge or permission, along with other harmful programs. It can track on your browsing activities for targeted advertising.
Symptoms of infection:
-Search engine and homepage will be modified.
-Popup ads randomly displayed during your browsing session.
To remove this toolbar follow the below procedure:
AdwCleaner is freeware that can handle the deletion of most PUPs, adware, browser hijackers and malicious toolbars.
- Download the latest version of AdwCleaner.
- Launch the program and click on Scan
- Once the scan is completed, click on the Clean
- Restart your computer if necessary.
- Download and install Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Click on the Updates tab > Search for updates.
- Launch a full scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select any detected items and click "Remove Selected".
- If prompted to restart the PC, click on Accept.
Clean your web browsers
- Uninstall parasite extensions:
- Under Firefox: Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extension tab.
- Under Google Chrome: Click on the menu at the top right and then Tools > Extensions.
In case you're unable to uninstall the extension under Google Chrome, simply reset your browser settings.
You should be cautious when installing free programs, as many of them are bundled with PUPs.
- Before installing software, read the EULA and always download programs from official sources.
- However, if you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
- WOT can aid you in filtering websites distributing harmful programs: http://ccm.net/faq/7386-wot-web-of-trust.
SpyHunter - Beware of fake security blogs
- When you launch a Google search on Movie Toolbar- Fake security blogs are displayed in the result pages
- These sites provide disinfection solutions in the form of a fix (specific tools).
- This fix is paid anti-spyware (SpyHunter or Spyware Doctor)!
- These fraudulent security blogs earn money for each successful installation or sale of the anti-spyware.
- If you've installed SpyHunter or Spyware Doctor, we recommend that you uninstall these softwares, as free alternatives exists.
- More information about fake security blogs: http://forum.malekal.com/faux-blogs-securite-spyhunter-spyware-doctor-t12847.html.
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 19, 2016 at 05:09 PM by owilson.