A simple manipulation allowing you to block unwanted calls and SMS on your Windows Phone 8 device:
Enable call blocking:
- Swipe the StartScreen from the left edge to the right and go to Settings.
- Tap on "call+SMS filter".
- Enable "Block call+SMS".
To block a contact:
- Open the call list of your Windows Phone 8 device.
- Press and hold the number you want to block for a couple of seconds.
- A small menu shall be displayed, select the "Block number" option.
- Windows Phone 8 - How to block unwanted calls and SMS
- Block Unwanted Calls and Text Messages on Your Phone. - How-To - Android
- Windows Phone 8 - Disable Bing's auto suggestions - How-To - Mobile
- Windows Phone 8.1 - Automatically open the desktop version of websites - How-To - Mobile
- Windows Phone 8 - Disable the SmartScreen filter of IE - How-To - Mobile
- Windows Phone 8.1 - How to enable SMS and MMS delivery confirmation - How-To - Mobile
This document, titled « Windows Phone 8 - How to block unwanted calls and SMS », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).