This tip applies to the following laptop models:
-HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 b044
-HP Pavilion 15 e032
-HP Pavilion 15 e033
-HP Pavilion 15 e024
-HP Pavilion 17 e020
-HP ProBook 450
( ... not an exhaustive list ) .
If you are using the new generation of HP (2012-2013, running Windows 8 and powered by Intel Pentium processor/Intel HD Graphics GPU ) laptops, then you might have experience one or more of these problems:
- Freeze upon the appearance of HP logo.
- BSOD with the following error code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT .
- Freeze upon shutdown (black screen, but the LEDs are still active).
This problem is due to a conflict between Windows power settings and Intel power settings.
- It occurs when the PC is set to high energy performance and Intel power settings are set to maximum autonomy (on battery mode).
- To solve the issue follow the below procedure:
- Right-click on an empty area of your desktop > Graphics Properties.
- Go to the Power tab.
- Next to Power Source select "On Battery"
- In the Power Plans section select "Balanced".
- Save your settings,
- Once done click on the icon representing the battery at the bottom right of the taskbar, and then click HP Recommended .
- Once these modifications made, your PC will no longer encounter these problems.
Why does my PC crash when you make use of Intel settings?
- This is due to a conflict between the Windows power settings and Intel power settings , resulting in an underpowered processor (causing Windows to become unstable and crash).
Thanks to itachi95 for this tip
- Blue Screen - HP Pavilion 15/17, Pavilion Sleekbook and Probook
- Hp pavilion 15 cs1000tx screen flickering ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Hp pavilion gaming 15 black screen ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Hp pavilion x360 screen black - How-To - Monitor
- Hp pavilion dv6000 screen won't turn on ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- Hp pavilion bios update black screen ✓ - Forum - BIOS