If you work in a business or institution, you must be familiar with proxy servers. These servers provide security to the domain of the institution or business and protects it from outside intrusion.
How To Configure a Proxy on Android
To browse the Internet, you must configure your connection so that it takes into account the proxy server. Not all Android phones have the ability to manage proxy servers so
to check if your device supports this feature, you must first connect to the network:
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks.
- Tap and hold on the Network name until a small menu appears.
- Tap on Modify Network
- Tap on Show Advanced Options
- From there you can configure your proxy settings. Enter the hostname and proxy port. You can find the full list of these in your dashboard. Then finally click Save.
- It is also possible to configure a proxy server using the Opera browser for Android (download from the PlayStore).
- In the address bar, type opera:config.
- You configure a proxy server by modifying the settings in the Proxy section.
- To enable navigation through a proxy, check the Use HTTP,Use HTTPS and Use FTP.