Windows Phone 8 gives you the ability to backup your app list, app settings, text messages and photos to the cloud, using the Microsoft account used to set up your phone.
The backup procedure is as follows:
- Go to Settings and scroll to the Backup option.
- As you can see, you can enable and individually configure the backup options for the following options:
- app list + settings: theme settings, app list, custom system settings, app settings...etc
- text messages: SMS, Facebook chats, confirmation messages...etc
- photos: upload to skydrive.
To restore your data (after a reset process or switching to a new phone).
- When configuring your phone make sure you sign-in using same Microsoft account, used to make the backup.
- The "Restore your phone?" screen will be displayed.
- Select the backup file to restore your data (or tap on don't restore to cance)
- The "Preparing to restore" screen will be displayed, tap on Next.
- Your saved data will be downloaded and you will be asked to configure your different accounts (Google, Facebook...).
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions.
Published by jak58
Latest update on February 12, 2014 at 09:01 AM by jak58.