To disable the App Switcher of Windows 8.1, follow the below procedure:
- Open Charms bar (Windows key + C) > Settings.
- Click on Change PC Settings > PC and devices.
- Go to the "Corners and edges" section and turn off "Allow switching between recent apps".
You can permanently disable this feature via the registry.
- Open the Run menu and type "regedit".
- Expand the following key:
- Click on Edit > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name this key as "DisableTLcorner".
- Set its value to:
- 1 - disable the app switcher.
- 0 - Enable the app switcher.
This document, titled « Windows 8.1 - How disable the App Switcher », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).