Windows 8.1 - How to change the PC name
The PC Name allows your PC to identify itself on a network. As such it may contain private information such as the name of the user ...etc.
To change the PC name (Computer name), follow the below procedure:
- Open the Charms bar (Windows key + C) > Settings.
- Click on Change PC Settings > PC and devices.
- Scroll to the PC info, section.
- Click on the Rename button
- Enter a new name and click on Save:
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Published by jak58
Latest update on February 2, 2015 at 06:25 AM by jak58.